Follow me on Instagram
Wednesday 4 June 2014

How I lost 12.5lb's...

 


First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for being so supportive on my weightless journey. Here goes:

Background information
- I've always been a bit unsure of my body type and body weight. Being 5 ft 7, It took me a while to understand my body. I follow the men in my family, having broad shoulders, large legs and hips. Not being able to have a size 6 frame was something I was concerned with. However, despite this, I had come to terms with the fact my bone structure was slightly different to other girls. I decided it was time to love my body, understand my body and appreciate it for what it was. From then, I've completely changed my thinking patterns; not being offended by magazines with models with the 'ideal' figure, I wanted to show everyone you should love your body for what it is. I think being healthy is the main priority everyone should have.

The weight loss programme
- I am on a programme with weightwatchers, where you really lose weight the healthy way. For obvious reasons, I cannot state the plan I am on, as this is of course still a service that you pay for.

You are given a plan of the foods you should eat, and foods you should stay away from along with group meeting with rep's to discuss what went well, what you could do better and motivational goals etc. Before this, you weigh in weekly where your weight loss is tracked. This weight loss programme has helped me to stay focused, have a structured plan of foods I can and cannot eat, as well as supplying me with motivation by weighing in every Wednesday, with a log of your weight loss.

It's £10.00 for the first month, with a monthly charge of £21.45 after that. *06/2014.

My Journey
- For the first week, I cut out any junk, (crisps, chocolate, cheese:( ) and this alone will allow you to lose weight without even being on a programme. I also had to make my own meals so I knew what was going into them. I rarely used any butter/oils etc to cook with as whats the point in cooking vegetables with butter on them?? it defeats the object to me! I also made sure I had plenty of steamed veg, fruit, protein, small amount of carbs and more importantly - WATER!

Typical meals/snacks
 - if you sign up to weightwatchers you will receive loads of recipes.

Breakfast: Very important as it gives you energy in the morning, and fills you up. I always drank water, coffee (no sugar) or fresh juice. NO juice from concentrate.
  • Porridge made with water and a drop of milk - with toppings such as fruit, a sprinkle of nuts, or a splash of honey.
  • Fruit salad with as much fruit as possible
  • Poached egg on brown toast
  • EVEN a fry up! yes a FRY UP! - if you cook it the right way, you can have a fry up. poach the egg instead of frying it in oil, cooking the bacon (veggy bacon for me) in the oven, etc.
Lunch: Try something light so you don't feel too full up for the day.
  • Salmon, pasta or chicken salad with no pre packed dressing.
  • Soup - loads of veg cooked and then blended. I usually make a big batch so i can have some at a later date. Its quick and easy!
  • poached egg on toast with beans
  • Prawn and noodle salad
  • chicken and houmous wrap
  • couscous and roasted veg
Dinner: Have a bowl of soup before your dinner to fill you up! You can also have a can of diet pepsi!

  • Roasted stuffed peppers with quorn fillets
  • homemade lasagne and spag bol
  • Fish and veg skewers
  • Salmon/chicken and roasted vegetables
  • salmon salad
Snacks: Try a small snack 3 times a day. Something small.

  • Carrot/cucumber sticks with LOW FAT houmous
  • water/coffee
  • small bowl of soup
  • weight watchers snack products
  • low fat Greek yoghurt with fruit
  • fruit
  • kale chips
  • butternut squash chips
What I can still eat/drink: Diet coke, fry ups, avocado, carbs such as jacket potato, rice and pasta! and even a takeaway every 2 weeks (however i don't do this).  

My Top tips
  • You need to be 100% mentally engaged with this plan, because if you have no motivation you will go back to old tricks of snacking on fatty foods, and you will not lose weight.
  • HOW you cook foods is very important. do not add any crap such as fatty oil, salad dressing or butter.
  • Take away any fatty foods that could tempt you in the house, fill it with fruit, veg and other healthy foods mentioned in the plan.
  • always drink water to clean out your system and fill you up for longer.
  • discipline yourself - learn to say NO to foods, just walk away from that cake that may talk to you. you will feel 100000x better for walking away than eating it.
  • try to lose weight with a friend/partner - this is great motivation for each other.
  • set yourself realistic goals e.g. im going to lose 3lb this week, and reward yourself e.g. buying a top.
  • Don't worry if you didn't lose as much as you intended in your first week, it takes a week or so for your body to adjust to the plan, and the next week's loss will be more rewarding.
ENJOY! if you want to know more, follow me on my instagram (@shanifani), or drop me a message!

*i was not paid to promote weightwatchers
*all words and photos are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment