Follow me on Instagram
Friday 18 July 2014

Golden - Purple - Smokey Eyeshadow TUTORIAL!

GET THE LOOK
 
 
 
 
TIPS BEFORE TUTORIAL: THESE MAY COME IN HANDY.
 
PARTS OF THE EYE: this is the mental diagram I have whilst I compete my eye makeup. It's divided into sections so it's easier to understand. IMAGE TAKEN FROM FUSION OF COLOUR. It shows the main sections of the eye as well as sub sections.
 
 
 
Step 1) Apply an eye primer to the eye. I don't bother with primer as concealer is just as good. I used ELF COSMETICS all over cover stick in ivory. This will give us an even coloured base as well as lightening the colour so the pigments from the shadows we will use later, will be bright!
 
 
Step 2) The best trick in the book - apply sticky tape in line with your lower lash line. What this will allow for us to do, is to create that sharp line and give us that 'gradient' effect with the shadows. It's a cheat but its useful - especially for liquid eyeliner!

 
Step 3) Apply MAC COSMETICS pigment in neo-orange as a transition colour. This will give us a very warm orangey colour. The transition colour is the first stage that I complete whilst doing my eye shadow. It's the colour between the eye-shadow and brow bone colour and makes the look a lot smoother. I then build on top of this colour. Blend softly so the colour isn't so harsh. For blending, you want to use a big fluffy brush. I like tapered ones because they're precise! They literally do all the hard work by ensuring the colours merge into each other.


 
Step 4) Apply a gold eye shadow. I'm using one from MUA COSMETICS. These are incredibly creamy on a damp synthetic brush. I ALWAYS damp the brushes I use for my eyes as this brings out the pigment in shadows and makes them incredibly rich in colour as well as longer wearing.
You're going to want to pat this all over the lid but make sure you stay within the crease. If you are unaware of where your crease is, it's usually in the middle of the eyelid. The crease falls along the socket bone of your eyeball. (eww lol). Then BLEND BLEND BLEND!



 
Step 5) I've applied this purple/red eye dust from BARRY M COSMETICS into the outer V of my eye. This starts the process of the Smokey eye. I chose purple because I've used warm tones throughout the look and I wanted to add a touch of purple to compliment it. and of course... you guessed it... blend! and if the colour looks like it's disappearing, blend and add more colour and then blend again. It's easier and looks better when colour is built up instead of packing it on heavy.
 
 
Step 6) Of course this part is optional, but I cannot be without my dark shadow for that dramatic look. I LOVE matte black shadow instead of a shimmer, as especially for this look, most of the finishes of the shadows I've used have been shimmer. So using a matte, it enables me to break the colours up. 
 
Using black, you need to be seriously careful because one small slip could ruin the look! Even trickier when using very pale colours. This is where building colour is important. Add the black to the outer V as well as filling in the outer third of the eye. Blend, add colour and blend again. We want to keep this look smooth. Add this colour to your lower lash line. To smoke this out, blend it for ageeees so the colour disperses!

 
 Step 6) Finishing touches - Remove the tape from your eye and you will see an incredibly sharp and beautiful line. I decided to add a BLACK KOHL EYELINER to the waterline, FALSE EYELASHES and my favourite liquid eyeliner in the whole world - ELF precision liquid liner.

 
LIP COLOURS!
RED ALERT - feeling dramatic, bold and daring? opt for a red lip. This is from MUA COSMETICS.
 
 
 
 
Keep it nude - This lip colour is the most natural out of my picks as it's battling between a pink and a nude. It's from ELF COSMETICS and is called runaway pink. I think this works beautifully as all the colours marry together.
 

 
Hued Pink - I LOVE this lipstick shade from Revlon. I think its called pouty pink. It's between a blue based purple with a baby pink. It's beautiful.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment