Follow me on Instagram
Thursday 24 September 2015

Glam Halloween Makeup tutorial: Mermaid PART 1/2




Hey lovers!

So Halloween is just over a month away and I wanted to get up 2 types of videos. 1 video was going to be a glamorous non scary fancy dress look, which is of course this one, and also a gore look with blood n shiiii.... I stepped out of my comfort zone with these two looks and created them from scratch and its safe to say I am so glad I did. I loved creating both looks and found that actually I can make these things when I put in time and effort. I wanted both of these looks to be affordable!
 
I wanted  to create something glam, pretty and glittery and I feel like this look incorporated just that. I wanted to stick to the blue, purple and pink basis with glitter. Of course if you recreate this look you can tailor it to your own colours but these were super girly.
 

Hair

♥  To create the dark blue I used a colour from smiffys and its the hair and body spray in neon blue. This is also UV activated
 
♥  For the light baby blue I used a colour from FUDGE in the shade called 'turquoise forever'. I also used this shaded to create my kylie jenner inspired hair!
 

Products that will save you the money

Instead of me writing some stuff about what I used, which I mentioned in the video, im going to note down what will save you money!
 
♥  Save money on face paint - I used three lipsticks from makeup revolution, a blue and a pink. This cost £2 for both of these beauties, which is roughly the same as 1 pot of good paint! These are super saturated and gorgeous colours! +++++ you don't need to buy 3 colours... mix colours together to create your own shade.
 
♥  Save money on the stencils - I didn't use stencils for the scales, I just used an old net. You could use fish net tights which will also stay on your head a lot  better than mine did!
 
♥  Save money on sponges - I used a washing up sponge. It has a soft side to apply the lipstick and a rougher side to stipple on glitter and other colours. cut them into pieces for different uses! You can also cut them into different shapes if you have the patience.
 

Click here to watch 

Have you seen part 2??? Click here to watch my second look

 

1 comment:

  1. Love this look can't wait to try and recreate it!

    http://welsh-beautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete