Follow me on Instagram
Friday 12 September 2014

DIY: Jazzing Up Old Photo Frames



 So something slightly different on my blog! However, I really wanted to include some home/lifestyle posts as I love being creative. Today I have chosen to  create a 'DIY' post, which will be a new tab on my blog - Under, of course, DIY! This specific DIY has been something I've always done, to jazz up my room. It adds a beautiful and creative touch to any room. This is incredibly EASY. Please ask an adult to help with the scissors if you are young.

I particularly chose to use this design in the photo frame as it's very pretty, colourful and fun. However you can use whatever you like. I find some wallpaper samples are too much for one room, however are too pretty to not use - so why not use them to revamp an old photo frame to essentially create a point of focus in a room.

What you will need:
  • An old photo frame with all of its contents including the glass and the temporary sheet for measurement.
  • Scissors
  • wallpaper samples, pictures you have printed out, magazine pages etc
 
 
 Step 1: Take apart your photo frame. The temporary piece of paper will be used to measure out the size of the design you are going to put into the frame. The glass and backing sheet will be used to secure the image into place.

 
 Step 2: Take your temporary piece of paper (the image that come with the photo frame at point of purchase) and measure out the area you want to cut. If you haven't got a piece of temporary paper, you can use a tape measure/ruler. This piece of paper gives me a basic idea of the size that will fit into the photo frame.
 
 
Step 3: Cut around the temporary paper. It doesn't need to be 100% identical. I left about 3cm between each sheet as its better for it to be too big than too small
 
 

Step 4: Place the cut out image onto the back part of the frame and place the glass over the image to secure down. Make sure the glass square shows you what you want from the design.
 
 

 Step 5: Place the frame onto the whole fixture. If you have small pieces at the back that make the frame extra secure, lock those into place! And you have your finished project!
 
 

 
Inspiration - I like to include inspirational points at the end to help you find ideas on where to place your project. So below are some of my favourites. The bottom image uses old cardboard to create your very own photo frame! the possibilities are endless!
 



 
 
 


 
I hope you enjoyed my first DIY project! Incredibly, simple and easy yet effective! Have you got any great tips for jazzing up a room with old items? Comment them below!
 
 
 
 





1 comment:

  1. Snap frame are a cost-effective and a versatile display product that's perfect for indoor or outdoor use. They're capable of fitting a variety of different media, from posters to large photographs, and can be mounted to virtually any surface. Being so adaptable these frames allow clients' needs to be met without compromising creativity.

    ReplyDelete