Follow me on Instagram
Sunday 23 March 2014

Spring Health Kick!

Hi you beauties,
so I thought I would do something a bit different, something other than beauty and fashion related...
I am on a health kick and have been now for around a week and a half. I LOVE healthy food, it just tastes so much better than fast food - and the after feeling knowing you have eaten something delicious AND healthy is a lovely feeling! So here is what I have been eating. (these meals are spread out for the week, I usually eat only one main source of protein i.e. fish or chicken in the day)


 
Lunch: Chicken breast in BBQ sauce, salad, red cabbage and olives.
I LOVE chicken! I am not a big meat eater, chicken is probably the only thing I will eat. I found by having the chicken it filled me up, however the salad maintained that balance by making it a lighter dish. My biggest issue with food Is my portion sizes being too big. With this plate is allows for me to use in the middle ring as a guide to how much I should have. I had a pint of water and peppermint tea for afterwards!

 
Dinner: Salmon fillet in a honey, garlic and lime sauce (using raw ingredients, nothing pre-packed), Mediterranean vegetables finished with a slice of lime.
ok... I lied... this is probably my favourite meal of all time... I love fish especially salmon. This dish is definitely filling, as well as being healthy. I used a slight touch of olive oil to cook the salmon, as well as adding some honey, chopped garlic and the juice of half a lime. I roasted the med vegetables in a slight touch of olive oil too... If you don't like salmon, or fish in general, try an alternative such as chicken or even Quorn fillets.

Breakfast: handful of special K flakes, low fat natural Greek yoghurt, Raspberries, Blueberries and a breakfast health mix full of dried fruit and nuts. BUY HERE
Knowing I have made this for breakfast is the most rewarding feeling. What is there not to like about this for breakfast? I was only able to eat half of this as it was super filling. The special k flakes are very low in fat and with the yoghurt on top it acts as a substitute for milk. (of course use milk, I just prefer yoghurt as its more filling). The fruit provides you with loads of nutrients to kick start your day and the dried breakfast mix again gives you a great balance of foods to eat. (TIP: place in a container like I have done here so you can eat some in the day if you get picky!)
 
 

So, I hoped you enjoyed these dishes i have put together! I have lost 3 lbs so far on my diet! And it's not a struggle because I LOVE the foods i am eating. Below are some tips on how to get started!

  • You need to be MENTALLY ENGAGED with your diet. Having the positive and motivated mentality to continue with your diet is ESSENTIAL.
  • Being able to say NO to fatty/sugary foods is also ESSENTIAL. you need to discipline yourself to a certain extent to banish all temptation.
  • Of course, you are allowed to eat treats every once in a while! after all - life is too short to stay away from chocolate... or in my case cheese and crackers! (im more of a savoury craver) just make sure they are the correct portion, and you don't go too crazy!
  • Make your diet REALISTIC. If you have reached your goal weight, and feel you don't need to diet anymore, you are more likely to put weight back on if your diet wasn't realistic. Make it realistic so that when you do reach your goal weight, you MAINTAIN your goal weight with foods you like and that are healthy.
  • Eat 6 small meals throughout the day to decrease your hunger, and regulate your body. Knowing you have to wait a few hours for your next meal can be a pain, so have a small meal in between i.e. some yoghurt with fruit, or some nuts.
  • Lastly, DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. The recommended daily amount is around 8 x 200ml of water a day... I achieved this by drinking water if I wanted to snack. it filled me up for longer.

I took inspiration from the Mediterranean diet which you can find more information about HERE 

ENJOY THE PROCESS! I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH HOW I AM DOING!
 
XXXX
 
Disclaimer: *I was not asked to advertise any information given.  

 



 

1 comment:

  1. Well done Shannon! It's great that you're enjoying eating healthy foods, although don't go loosing too much weight because you're too damn pretty already! I loveeee raspberries and blueberries, best fruits! x
    www.thelittlecountrygirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete